Palletized shipments will go LTL carrier (less than truck load).
Basic Shipping Service Is:
1. Delivery to a commercial warehouse with a loading dock.
2. Does not require special equipment (lift gate, special assistance, or installation).
3. Staffed during normal business hours.
Special requirements must be noted ahead of time and additional fees apply. If additional services are required at the time of delivery, Trade Winds Furniture will bill such charges back to the customer.
1. If delivery warehouse is open only on specific dates and times a scheduled delivery is charged by most carriers.
2. If there is no loading dock a lift gate fee is charged by most carriers.
3. Delivery to a residence incurs additional costs that are specific to the delivery needs of the particular order/customer.
Accessories and small KD items may be shipped via Fed-X or UPS (such items are determined by Trade Winds Furniture). If you require expedited service such as 2nd Day or Next Day Service additional fees will apply.
Using a customer’s house carrier:
Trade Winds Furniture is happy to use any customer house carriers. We require contact info and a Bill of Lading sent to us in advance of shipping. A pallet fee of $15 per pallet will be charged for customers using their own carriers.
DAMAGES: Trade Winds Furniture requires notification of damages within a 5 day period. Claims outside of 5 days may be denied. If a package is not inspected for concealed damages at the time of receipt, it should be noted on the BOL "not inspected for concealed damages". If this notation is not made and results in a claim denial from the freight carrier, Trade Winds Furniture reserves the right to deny the claim as well. For damaged product returns, ALL PACKAGING MUST BE RETAINED FOR THE RETURN SHIPMENT.